Our practice was established in 1999 by Dr. Teck Mun Soo, a nationally-acclaimed neurosurgeon who has received recognition for his success in complex spine cases. Since the beginning of his career, the standard of care he has held himself to has remained the standard of quality for the practice as a whole. Since inception, the group has grown to five board-certified surgeons who share this same standard, taking each patient’s preference, lifestyle, and involvement of the family into account when making surgical decisions.
We are an expanding group of neurosurgeons and orthopedic spine surgeon who perform over 2,000 spine and brain surgeries per year, along with the highest volume of minimally invasive spine surgeries in Michigan. The diversity of subspecialties among our surgeons, including cerebrovascular, skullbase, neuroendovascular intervention, neuro-oncology, and complex spine, has allowed us to treat virtually every spine and brain surgical condition with great success.
Our practice believes that surgery is the last resort for the treatment of spinal and cranial disorders. This is especially true with spinal fusion, which is considered only after trials and careful consideration of conservative treatments.
- Excellence – We maintain the highest standards and achieve them by continually measuring and improving our outcomes.
- Compassion – We demonstrate our commitment to world-class care by providing a caring and supportive environment for our patients, patients’ families, and fellow caregivers.
- Integrity – We adhere to high ethical and professional standards by our commitment to honesty, confidentiality, and respect.
- Innovation – We welcome change, encourage invention, and continually seek better, more efficient ways to achieve our goals.
- Continually improve the patients’ quality of life through compassion, knowledge, and innovation
- Participate in quality, outcome-based research leading to an increase in clinical success, reduced recovery time, and lowered cost of surgery
- In partnership with the Michigan State University College of Human Medicine, educate the next generation of ethical and competent surgeons